Frequently Asked Questions
There are at least four major ways your business benefits from using custom software:
- Increasing efficiency by taking over routine activities from individuals, freeing them to deal with tasks where human attention is indeed vital.
- Reducing the risk of errors by removing human involvement from routine manual tasks.
- Cutting costs in office materials by eliminating unneeded paperwork and manual administration.
- Providing up-to-date information on your business by automating business processes, that you can track and analyze in real time.
We follow the iterative model of development - an intermediate model between the traditional waterfall method and the extreme programming methods. In this methodology, once the preliminary requirements are clarified, the next step is to quickly build the prototype of the website/web application. From then on, the process is one of a continuing evolution of this prototype until it becomes the final product, exact to specifications.
Some indications that your business could do better with custom software are:
- Having to reenter the same, or similar data into multiple software applications.
- Producing large amount of printed material, where supply of data could be substituted with electronic means.
- Sending regular notifications to your clients manually.
- Doing tedious calculations on regular intervals to get information out of your business activities.
- We sign NDAs and Confidentiality Agreements as required by you.
- All our employees are full-time employees, and are bound by the company Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure clauses.
- Additionally, for sensitive projects, we create isolated cells disconnected from any public network.
- At a practical level, all CD-Writers need authorization for usage. Internet uploads larger than a threshold also need authorization.
This is our strong point, and shows our confidence in our work. We issue free 3-12 month defect resolution for all our development, unconditionally.
We are doing our best to avoid programming errors in products delivered to our customers. However, everybody familiar with software development practice knows that from time to time bugs appear even in the highest quality products. We are trying to fix bugs as soon as possible.
Yes we do, where required. This may be especially useful in initial requirements gathering, final implementation or other pain points. In such cases, our consultants will work on-site at pre-decided rates.
We will send you regular project status reports. We use a combination of pre-determined update schedules (normally email) and ad-hoc meetings (usually tele-conferences, or live chat).
Codverts welcomes you to try our services. You may choose to have us do a Pilot Project. We have always succeeded in continuing the relationship after demonstration of ability in a pilot project.
Our preferred Pilot Project is either the first sub-system of a larger project, or an independent project that completes within itself. Pilot Projects are typically within 2-4 weeks' duration.
We invest the same time and energy in Pilot Projects as real projects. You would find the pilot of sufficient quality to continue on the same code. In this sense, Pilots are very different from prototypes.